Terms & conditions
1. The fee you have paid for your course is designed to provide you with tuition until you have passed the examination. This provides you with tuition for THREE years from the date of enrolment.
2. If tuition is required beyond the three-year, this can be provided on payment of an additional fee. This will be advised to you at the appropriate time.
3. Payment of this additional fee will extend your contract with the Institute for a further period of one year.
4. Tuition will only be provided for the syllabus that is in force at the time of enrolment.
5. The course fee provides you with the Institute’s basic Distance Learning study material for the course, together with any revisions or updates which are considered necessary during your period of study to ensure the material remains up-to-date and appropriate for your examinations.
6. Your contract for the basic course with the Institute also provides you with full tutor support.
7. Fees cannot be returned or transferred.
Payment of Fees
8. Fees may be paid either in full by cheque or by entering into an appropriate arrangement with the Institute to pay (by a maximum of four instalments) by standing order with your banker. Full details will be provided upon enrolment.
9. Fees paid by instalment are payable without demand and without regard to progress made with the course.
10. The Institute will only invoice your employer/authority for the fee on completion and return of the appropriate authorisation.
11. All IRRV Distance Learning Study material remains the property of the Institute. It is copyright and must not be reproduced in any form whatsoever without the express permission of the Institute. It is supplied for personal study only to the person to whom it is issued.
Student Membership of the IRRV
12. Your acceptance as a Distance Learning student is conditional upon your acceptance as a student member of the Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation. You must be a student member of the IRRV in order to sit the Institute’s examinations. For further information and a student membership application form, please contact the Institute:-
13. Students are responsible for entry and registering with the examining body and ensuring compliance with the Examination Regulations. Details are available from the IRRV and are published in Insight.
14. Students must indicate on the enrolment form whether they intend to sit the June or December examinations. They must advise the course provider if for any reason there is a change to these arrangements. Within one month of the publication of the results, students are required to advise the course provider of the results of their examinations. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in discontinuation of the tuition.
15. Although all tuition will be conducted on a confidential basis, where employers have funded study, progress reports will be provided to the employers.